There are 11 definitions of the word ‘habit’ on Dictionary.com. I’ve chosen 1 and 4 to use here.
- an acquired behaviour pattern regularly followed until it has become involuntary.
- a dominant or regular disposition or tendency; prevailing character or quality
- I grind my teeth.
- I tense my shoulders.
- I crack my knuckles.
- I chew the inside of my cheek.
I’m not sure that I even have 10 habits. I obviously have the usual ones that most people have, such as looking both ways when crossing the road.
5. Staying up late.
There we have five bad habits of mine, now I should think of five good ones…
6. I moisturise every day.
7. I still go to say goodnight to my son every night, even thought he’s a grumpy teenager.
This is really hard!
I’m not even sure that I like number seven. If saying goodnight to him is now a habit it feels less meaningful and that’s not the case. I’m keeping it in though because I’m struggling!
I give up, my last three can be habits that I need to to adopt.
8. Writing every day.
Oh! I just remembered one that I already do, I read every day, even if it’s just one page.
9. Read every day.
10. Getting up early. (Mornings are my nemesis).
Don’t ever let anyone make you think you’re not good enough.
Follow your dreams right now! Don’t wait until tomorrow,
next week, next year. Stop planning, start doing 🙂
‘Blind faith is no way to run a world’ – Victor Stenger