I could make this list a thousand places long. Or I could just make it really short and say ‘everywhere’! I may have mentioned before that I want to go everywhere! I just want to visit so many places. Unfortunately time and money are lacking in my life at the moment. And even if my time was free and my money was much there would still not be enough days left in my life to go everywhere. So here I shall unveil just 5 for now.
- I know it’s a cliché but I’d like to go to New York. I want to do the Home Alone tour (I presume there is one? If not, why not?!), The Friends tour, the Sex and the City tour. Yes, I’m a dirty tourist when it comes to New York and I don’t care who knows it. I want a Gray’s Papaya hot dog and I want to have my picture taken next to ‘that bull’. I want to marvel at the extremity of Times Square, I want to imagine King Kong climbing up the side of the Empire State Building, I want to touch the Statue of Liberty and feed the pigeons in Central Park. I want to spend as long as it takes to relive all of my favourite movie and television moments in New York.
- Vietnam. Now I must admit I only decided on this since watching the episode of Top Gear when they go to Vietnam. It’s a beautiful country with such a unique, compelling history. I know it’s not all perfect paradise landscapes, there’s poverty and sadness just the same as many other places. I want to go and see all that Vietnam has to offer, I want to learn about their history whilst standing in the middle of where that history happened, I don’t want to sit and read about it at home. I want to experience their cultures and try the cuisine, which looks amazing!
- Cornwall. The furthest South, in the UK, I have been is Salisbury, I know that’s pretty South compared to where I am but I really do want to visit Cornwall. It looks so pretty and otherworldly. I don’t know a great deal about the place and that is why I’d like to visit. All I know is what I’ve seen from other people’s holiday snaps and from watching Doc Martin.
- Somewhere really cold. I’m thinking pretty far in to the Arctic Circle, Antarctica or Alaska. Anywhere beginning with ‘A’ I suppose, as long as it’s cold. I want to experience the extreme cold but be fully able to jump in to my personal sauna 🙂 My Mum took my son to Lapland one Christmas and they had their own sauna in their hotel room! How cool is that?
- Random choice… French Polynesia. Those islands are just out of this world! I could choose so many other places, I could sit here all day and list the hundreds of places I want to go, but I won’t because I’m tired and you’re probably bored by now 🙂
Don’t ever let anyone make you think you’re not good enough.
Follow your dreams right now! Don’t wait until tomorrow,
next week, next year. Stop planning, start doing 🙂
‘Blind faith is no way to run a world’ – Victor Stenger