We have lots of DVD’s in our house, too many really. Especially these days when films are so easily accessible on Netflix, Amazon Video and other movie streaming apps.
There are some films you just have to own though, for example Shawshank Redemption. I do have a copy of this but it’s very rare that I’ll pick it out of the cupboard and settle down to watch it, I will watch it whenever it is on television though.
This list is a collection of films that I love but I jut can’t watch them again.I do have them in my cupboard but it’s unlikely that they’ll get picked for movie night any time soon!
- Blood Diamond – Leonardo has never let me down yet. His South African accent is tremendous, even if I didn’t quite ‘get it’ at first. This film was just too much for me though. I might stop being such a wuss and have a go at watching it again but this sort of thing stays with me for so long. Highly recommended if you haven’t already watched it 😀
- The Pianist – I really do wish I could watch this again. I cannot begin to explain how incredible this film is. Some of the scenes from this movie still haunt me to this day. I’ve always loved Adrien Brody, extraordinary talent and severely underrated. If you’re one of those soulless people who can watch a film without forming emotional attachments then be my guest. In fact even if you are a gibbering emotional wreck just watch The Pianist anyway because everyone should see this cinematic masterpiece at least once in their life.
- The Snowman – It’s just too sad. Don’t even get me started on The Snowdog!
- Shaun of the Dead – Okay, yes I have watched it more than once but in all seriousness this film scares the crap out of me. I wouldn’t choose it to watch on my own anyway.
- 127 Hours – This one is a bonus film as I don’t actually own it. I will however never, ever watch this horrendous film again. I can’t even hear James Franco’s name without cringing. I can barely type just thinking about that noise! If you’ve not seen it then you won’t know what I’m talking about – you are so lucky!
So there we go. I’m pretty sure I have many more films that I own but can never watch again due to my ridiculous inability to switch off my over active emotions. I’m such a girl. I’m can’t even watch John Lewis adverts without crying…♥
Don’t ever let anyone make you think you’re not good enough.
Follow your dreams right now! Don’t wait until tomorrow,
next week, next year. Stop planning, start doing 🙂
‘Blind faith is no way to run a world’ – Victor Stenger