…but I’m a blogger!
I love being a blogger. I write things down and people read it. That is my life and I love it. I am aware that not many people ‘get it’.
“What is a blog?” “What do you do?” “Why not just get a proper job?” “I don’t get it?”
Those are just a few phrases I have had said to me or fellow bloggers have had said to them…
Well for me, my blog started as an escape, a place to share.
Now I do it full time and I adore it. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t do it.
It has brought me so many wonderful opportunities and experiences and continues to do so. It allows me to explore my creative side and ultimately stops my head from exploding.
It’s not easy though.
It is, at times, bloody hard work.
The process of blogging isn’t a simple one.
It can often go something like this…
- Trawl through the list of bloggable items in your 10,000 notebooks.
- Pick something that sounds amazing only to start writing and realise it’s rubbish.
- Choose, instead, one of your sponsored posts/product reviews to write up.
- Start writing only to find that ‘words’ no longer want to form in your head and that perfect sentence you thought of in the bath has gone on holiday to the moon.
- Start all over again.
- Scribble lots of notes.
- Start adding coherent words to your blog.
- Read it through 12 times.
- Write it all again.
- Re-read, checking spelling, grammar, flow, correct information.
- Check sources.
- Find relevant usable pictures/take photos.
- Find links.
- Check links.
- Read the whole thing through.
- Add tags.
- Share to social media platforms; tagging relevant people, businesses, places etc
- Panic that you’ve done something wrong.
And there you have it, my life in a nutshell.
I’m a daily blogger so this is my process every day. There isn’t always a blind panic about it, sometimes there will be a golden post and it just floats out of my head, into the PC and off in to the internet.
This is very rare though so generally I am flapping…like this…
Any excuse for Homer.J.Simpson!
It is fun though and I honestly love it, otherwise why would I do it?
Don’t ever let anyone make you think you’re not good enough.
Follow your dreams right now! Don’t wait until tomorrow,
next week, next year. Stop planning, start doing 🙂
Be happy, keep smiling and start blogging! 😀