- It is illegal to use, possess or sell ‘silly string’ in Hollywood on Halloween.
- A full moon on Halloween is actually quite rare. The last one was 2001, before that it was 1955 and the next one won’t be until 2020.
- Halloween is believed to date back as far as medieval times when children and poor adults would dress up and beg for food and money in exchange for songs and prayers. Back then it was known as ‘guising’ or ‘souling’.
- Trick or treating lost its popularity throughout WWII when sugar was rationed. By 1952 cartoons such as ‘Peanuts’ had helped restored it to its former glory and just last year $8.4 billion was spent on candy, costumes and decorations.
- Jack ‘O’ Lanterns were originally carved from turnips, not pumpkins.
- The fear of Halloween is called Samhainophobia.
- Samhain is a Gaelic festival and is celebrated on the 31st of October and marks the end of the harvest festival.
Don’t ever let anyone make you think you’re not good enough.
Follow your dreams right now! Don’t wait until tomorrow,
next week, next year. Stop planning, start doing 🙂
Be happy and keep smiling 🙂