I’ve bloody gone and done it again…
I promise myself all the time that I will not take on too much. I know that eventually it all catches up to me, I panic and then decide I’m rubbish and nothing gets done.
I had a moment earlier today where I very nearly broke down and cried because I’ve taken on too much, again
Then I took a step back and looked at what I am taking on;
I am currently writing two poetry books and my next self help book; which need to be finished and published by July.
A couple of other side ventures.
My degree with the OU.
A new YouTube channel.
Planning my trip away.
Trying to squeeze everything in to my week off.
A social life.
Then of course there is every day life; work, house things, stuff…
Now I’m not prepared to give up my social life, it’s my most favourite thing in the world and unfortunately I can’t yet give up work or my house, so those things are staying.
I can, however, remove or reduce some other stuff.
I evaluated what was important, the things I really want to keep and achieve and then looked at other things with a different perspective.
Even when we have good things going on in our lives we can still view them as something which is stressful. For instance I’m planning a trip to York and I am so excited about it but then I start getting all flustered;
“Will I have time to do this? Do I want to do that? Where should I eat? Should I book this or will I be able to just turn up?”
Instead of stressing I’ve just decided to leave it alone. I shall take the trip as it comes, and see what happens.
That is very much the process I am trying so hard to apply to my life right now. Just take each day as it comes. And see what happens.
I scoured my list of “life things” and made the adjustments where I could…
- Right, the books. I definitely need the poetry books completed by July as that is when I will be showcasing them at the UK Indie Lit Fest. However my self help book doesn’t technically need completing until September so that takes the edge off.
- Reiki training should be relaxing, not stressful, so I’m not stressing about it, it will all happen when it happens. I don’t need to be fully trained right now. It’s not going anywhere.
- My other side ventures are things that will slowly develop over time, they’re not here yet needing attention, I’m just worrying about them because once I start worrying, everything else starts to snowball and there really is no need.
- My degree is well and truly over! Relief 😀
- Blogging and vlogging are two of my favourite things to do right now and I stress that I’m not getting stuff “out there” on time, but then I think “Who’s time?” I’m not on a deadline, I work for myself, calm the f**k down. I’ve given myself a goal to aim for and that’s one blog post a week and two vlogs. That seems simple enough.
- My new channel is in the pipeline but again it’s not imperative, there is no rush.
- I did not plan a thing for my trip away and it was wonderful 🙂
- I must admit I could have done so much more with my week off but I’m not going to beat myself up over it. What needed to get done, got done.
- My social life kicks ass.
And with that I am loving life, not stressing about this, that and the other… who am I kidding, of course I’m stressing, I’m just easing up on it. Stress less, less stress.
“The reward for conformity is, everyone likes you but yourself” – Rita Mae Brown